If you like to eat healthy, the way to the healthy path is by having your fair share of soya milk. However, soy milk isn’t all that good if you buy it from the store. With the added preservatives and deleted nutrients, store-bought soy milk usually becomes just a husk of what it usually is. So what can you do to get the full benefits of this milky delicacy?
You can opt for a soy milk maker that you can use at home. At VeggieSensations.com, you can get a variety of soy milk makers such as the Miracle Soya Milk Maker M1840 or the Tribest Soyabelle Soya Milk Maker SB130. But before you go ordering them, perhaps you should read ahead to know how you can make soy milk with a soy milk maker.
Here is a simple yet delicious recipe you can use for preparing soy milk right in the convenience of your own home for the whole family.
Homemade Healthy Soy Milk in a Soy Milk Maker
- Soak 1 cup of dry soy beans in a bowl of water overnight. Make sure the water covers the beans by about an inch and that there is extra space in the bowl for expansion.
- Add soaked beans to the milk screen cup that comes with the soy milk maker.
- Fill the soy milk maker chamber with water to the designated line. You can make your soy milk thicker or thinner by adding or reducing the amount of water.
- Insert the nut screen with the soaked beans into the soy milk maker. Lock the screen into place if your soy milk maker instructions say to.
- Once the machine has been assembled according to the manufacturer’s instructions, turn the machine on. The soy milk cycle may take up to 15 minutes to complete.
- The solids will stay in the screen and the milk will be in the bottom of the soy milk maker.
- Pour the milk from the pot and throw the solids away or use them in making crackers, breads or add to a meal for extra protein.
- You can add salt, vanilla and a sugar like agave nectar, honey or sugar to the milk to meet your desired taste.
Recommended Soy Milk Makers